Here are the most popular features of the week at Current:
- Elizabeth Stice, “REVIEW: Suckers for Ideals“
- Marvin Olasky, “A Golden Anniversary“
- Daniel K. Williams, “Ranking the Presidents“‘
- Paul Luikart, “Salvation Army of One“
- Ellen Tucker, “Civics Education is Moral Education—and It’s Essential“
Here are the most popular posts of the last week at The Way of Improvement Leads Home blog:
- What MAGA culture looks like in 8,000 responses to a David French tweet about leaving the platform
- Rick Warren on the SBC’s Executive Committee & Albert Mohler’s seminary: “They have no intention of helping victims of the sexual abuse they covered up.”
- My congressman, Scott Perry (PA-10), wants to defund the National Endowment for the Humanities
- What is going on at the University of North Carolina?
- If you want a revealing glimpse into the MAGA evangelical movement, check out the responses to Russell Moore’s recent tweet.
- The Southern Baptist Convention: Who’s in charge?
- Mike Johnson was the dean of the Paul Pressler School of Law
- Speaker of the House Mike Johnson has a podcast. Some thoughts on the first episode:
- What did the founding fathers mean by “virtue”?
- Saturday Night Live on George Washington’s dream for America
Here are the most popular posts of the last week at The Arena blog:
- “Living As Humans in A Machine Age:” reflections on this year’s Front Porch Republic conference (Dixie Dillon Lane)
- American secularization hasn’t followed the script that secularization theory would predict (Daniel K. Williams)
- “Some college”: The category that shows benefits of small colleges for students (Nadya Williams)
- You really can just unplug: three months later (Dixie Dillon Lane)
- What I’m reading: John McPhee (Elizabeth Stice)