Florida governor Ron DeSantis spoke yesterday at the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority Conference. DeSantis’s speech might be titled, “Woke, Woke, Woke.” It seems like DeSantis was given more time than the other presidential candidates who spoke yesterday.
DeSantis believes his path to the White House runs through his critique of transgenderism, “Fauci-ism”, puberty blockers, library books, women’s sports, school indoctrination, woke corporations, critical race theory, and school districts that won’t allow prayer at football games. DeSantis claims he will “distinguish the fire of cultural Marxism once and for all, all across this country.”
DeSantis implies that we are in a spiritual war. It is time, he says, in a reference to Ephesians 6:11, “to put on the full armor of God.” This is not the first time DeSantis has used this verse. He also used it during a speech at Hillsdale College in September 2022.
DeSantis got some boos when he said that some Republicans are siding with Disney in his ongoing battle with the corporation. What he does not mention is that Disney pulled the plug on a $1 billion dollar project in Florida that would have provided 2,000 jobs. The Trumpers in the room know this.
Here is what the viewers watching the live-stream on the pro-Trump Right Side Broadcasting Network had to say as they watched DeSantis:
- He got paid , He stabbed Trump in the back
- Mini Bush
- DeSantis is a great Governor and should remain Governor of Florida
- No more next time, Ron. He burned his bridges
- If he was a man of God he would no loyalty and integrity matter should be supporting TRUMP!!! You trader !
- No Ron DESTINKER THE LITTLE DESTINKER NEED TO GET IN LINE AND RUN AT ANOTHER TIME
- The President after the President
- No we want President Trump
- Lol- DeStinker
- You are wasting your time and our money, Ron.
- De-nasal sound to his voice.
- sorry Ronnie. not your Time. maybe never
- Ron would never been governor if Trump help pull him over the top
- Take him off this fake Ron rino
- I got it on mute only will listen to trump
- WHERE IS THE PASSION??.. SOUNDS LIKE A SCRIPT.. DOES HE BELIEVE WHAT HE IS SAYING?
- Stay in FL until 2026
- I’d like to see Trump-DeSantis ticket
- He is the Trump cover band
- Nothing said, that Trump will do better & more completely!
- I used to want Ron as Trump’s VP. that ship has sailed F this
- HIS EGO NEEDS TO STEP DOWN
- Why does he sound so effeminate?
- This guys a JOKE and his Team is FULL of axiom Deepstaters
- I have it on mute covered his face on my screen do not want to look or listen to this horrible fake rino only listen to Trump
- You will never draw the crowd that President Trump has!
- I used to like this guy til he backstabbed Trump
Right now the political concerns of many conservative evangelicals are focused on cultural issues relating to “wokeness.” As a result, DeSantis will get some evangelical votes, especially among 2016 and 2020 Trumpers who are disgusted with the drama surrounding January 6th, the 2020 election, and the federal indictments. DeSantis may even win some primaries. Can he win the GOP nomination? Perhaps. Let’s see how his candidacy (and Trump’s candidacy) plays out.