Wayne Grudem is at it again. Late last year the evangelical theologian, defender of a complementarian view of men and women, and 2016 and 2020 Donald Trump supporter called on Trump to drop out of the 2024 presidential race to “preserve his legacy.”
Now he is endorsing Ron DeSantis.
Over at TownHall, Grudem offers ten reasons why he thinks DeSantis is the “strongest candidate in the race by far.”
- He is a veteran
- He is a lawyer
- He is a former Congressman
- He outperformed the polls in his Florida gubernatorial races.
- He is “exceptionally intelligent”
- He was a successful collegiate athlete.
- He defeated Gavin Newsom in a debate
- He doesn’t have Trump’s baggage
- He is not “being promoted as much as Haley or Trump by the liberal mainstream media.”
- He will pardon president Trump
Iowa evangelical kingmaker Bob Vander Plaats is happy: