There is no better time to support our work than right now!
Over the last several months we have been working hard, led by our digital specialist Ben Martin, to bring a more user-friendly experience to Current. If you poke around the site you will notice a few things:
- A new membership program. We are using the label “MEMBERS” to describe our paid supporters. If you are interested in supporting our work, please click the red MEMBERSHIP button in the top right corner of the site. We still have MEMBERSHIP tiers starting at $5.00 a month. When you click the red button you will see the benefits associated with those tiers, including discounted rates for full-year memberships. The basic membership (again, only $5.00 a month) provides access to everything published at Current, including The Way of Improvement Leads Home blog and The Arena blog.
- We have moved all of our MEMBERSHIP services in-house. In other words, we are no longer using Patreon. When you sign-up for MEMBERSHIP you will be asked to create a password that will allow you to log into Current directly from our site. (For already existing MEMBERS, we have created a short introduction to help you transition to our new log-in system. That was e-mailed last week, but you can also access it here.)
- Longshore ($10.00), Deep Water ($20.00) and Storm Surge ($50.00) MEMBERS can now access “A History of Evangelicals and Politics” podcast directly at the Current site. Just click on “Podcasts” at the top of the home page. (You can still listen to earlier episodes at Apple Podcasts and other podcatchers).
- RECCOMENDED READING: If you are familiar with Current you will notice that at the bottom of each post we are linking to other Current pieces that you might find interesting.
- Change in layout. You will notice that the number of words per line on our features and posts have been significantly narrowed to make for a better reading experience.
We are really excited about these changes. If you are a former supporter of Current, we hope these changes might prompt you to return. And if you have never supported us, we hope you will consider it. And if you are a longtime supporter of Current, we hope these changes will make for a better reading experience at the site. As always, thank you for your generosity.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.