The New York Times has analyzed thousands of videos related to the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and put together its own 40-minute video. It is calling this video “the most comprehensive picture to date of what happened–and why.” Some key findings:
- There were multiple points of attack.
- If the House of Representatives halted its election certification proceedings minutes earlier, a rioter may not have died.
- The insurrections were a “disorganized” collection of Trump supporters.
- The insurrections on the eastern side of the Capitol were the most violent.
- Trump’s speech on January 6, 2021 motivated the insurrectionists.
Read the entire piece here.