Here is AXIOS:
In a closed-door meeting with freshmen Republicans Wednesday, McCarthy warned they would be stripped from their committee assignments if they accepted a position on the select committee from Pelosi, two sources familiar with the discussions tell Axios’ Alayna Treene.
- The warning was first reported by Punchbowl News.
The members: In order of seniority, according to Pelosi …
- Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), as chairman.
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.)
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-Fla.)
- Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.)
- Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.)
What they’re saying: “I’m honored to have been named to serve on the January 6th select committee. Congress is obligated to conduct a full investigation of the most serious attack on our Capitol since 1814,” Cheney said in a statement.
Here is McCarthy a few minutes ago. He seems pretty ticked-off about it: