MAGA Republican and former congresswoman Michelle Bachmann is now the dean of the Robertson School of Government at Pat Robertson’s Regent University. On March 23, 2021, the Robertson School is hosting a virtual conference on election integrity.
Here is the press release:
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (March 11, 2021) – Regent University’s Robertson School of Government will host a virtual conference on the topic of election integrity on Tuesday, March 23, 2021. The event will feature notable speakers including Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Dr. Ben Carson, Mr. Mark Steyn, Mr. Eric Metaxas, Secretary Kris Kobach, Secretary Jay Ashcroft, The Gateway Pundit Editorial Board, and many others.
“Election integrity is the foundation for every citizen’s right to vote in a free and fair election,” said Michele Bachmann, dean of the Robertson School of Government at Regent University. “The electoral process is a significant, fundamental component of political freedom. Through this important conference, our goal is to educate individuals about election integrity and to raise awareness surrounding the electoral process.”
Throughout the event, panelists and keynote speakers will highlight the importance of freedom of speech, election integrity in a representative democracy, election irregularities and correlated impacts on future elections, and voter ID, among other topics.
The election integrity conference will feature nationally-renowned speakers and panelists including:
- Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Dean of the Robertson School of Government at Regent University
- Dr. Ben Carson, Former U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Mr. Mark Steyn, New York Times best-selling author and Tucker Carlson guest host
- Mr. Eric Metaxas, New York Times best-selling author and radio host
- Secretary Kris Kobach, Former Secretary of State of Kansas
- Secretary Jay Ashcroft, Secretary of State of Missouri
- Mr. John Fund, Political Journalist for National Affairs Report for National Review Online and Senior Editor at The American Spectator
- Mr. Hans von Spakovsky, Attorney, Former Member of Federal Election Commission, Manager of the Heritage Foundation’s Election Law Reform Initiative, and a Senior Legal Fellow in Heritage’s Meese Center for Legal and Judicial Studies
- Messrs. Joe / Jim Hoft, The Gateway Pundit
- Additional Expert Panelists
As I have noted a few times at this blog, the MAGA coalition that emerged during the Trump presidency is developing a “lost cause” evangelical infrastructure of churches, media, institutions, and leaders to promote the idea that the election was stolen and Donald Trump’s MAGA movement–a righteous cause–was denied a second term in power by the evil forces of the Democratic Party. This infrastructure includes radio programs by Eric Metaxas and Charlie Kirk, churches such as Jack Hibbs‘s Calvary Chapel-Chino Hills, and institutions such as the Falkirk Center at Liberty University and the Robertson School of Government at Regent University.
This lost cause evangelical infrastructure appears to be the latest manifestation of the Christian Right.