Over at The New York Times, Maggie Haberman references a survey that identifies five “factions” or “tribes” of Republicans:
- Trump Boosters: GOP voters who approved of Trump’s presidency, but are more supportive of the party than any one candidate. They represent 28% of Republican voters.
- Die-Hard Trumpers: GOP voters who would support Trump again in a primary, but do not believe in QAnon and other conspiracy theorists. They represent 27% of Republican voters.
- Post-Trump G.O.P.: Republican voters who like Trump, but want another nominee in 2024. They represent 20% of Republican voters.
- Never Trump: Only 15% of GOP voters.
- Infowars G.O.P.: Support conspiracy theories. They represent only 10% of Republican voters.
Read more here.