If Mitch McConnell is right, the Democratic House managers proved that Donald Trump committed high crimes and misdemeanors. The former president survived his impeachment trial because forty-three senators, all Republicans, voted to acquit. Several of these senators, including Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, James Lankford, Tom Cotton, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Bill Hagerty, Marsha Blacburn, James Inhofe, John Thune, and Marco Rubio, are evangelical Christians.
Here is what some of Trump’s former court evangelicals are saying about the decision.
Liberty University’s Falkirk Center co-founder Charlie Kirk:
Another Liberty University Falkirk Center fellow Jenna Ellis has also weighed-in:
In this video, Lance Wallnau responds to the acquittal news. He trashes the seven Republican senators who voted to convict. The acquittal, according to Wallnau, is an answer to prayer.
Here is what some of Wallnau’s followers said in the comments:
- Kim clement said impeach impeach but it never occurred to me until yesterday that he had said it twice and they had tried to twice. But GOD said nay. Praise God!
- Watch out dems, he’s coming back! And God is on his side!
- The truth will prevail! Yes praise God for Trumps protection
- Amen I had a dream early this morning Trump was not impeached and we were crying and praising God
- These corrupt people are being judged in the courts of heaven this day
- Wooo Hooo Dems are dopes LOVE YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP & YOU ARE MY HERO!!! GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY & GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! TIME TO IMPEACH TO CRAZY PELOSI & GANG IN THE CAPITAL
- THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST PRESIDENT TRUMP WON NO IMPEACHMENT
- Thankyou jesus for hearing our prayers for this miracle for Donald Trump
- Now they need to find out who really was behind the Capital break in!!
- Still believing TRUMP IS OUR PRESIDENT! a hope he is enjoying a brief vacation!
- GOD was in the mist I heard in the Spirit every single person in that house was being REBUKE !!!!!! They need to take heed!!!! It’s not over
I wonder if Ralph Reed still believes Mitch McConnell displayed “good judgment” after hearing the Republican leader’s speech today.
Here is Gary Bauer on his FB page: “The sham impeachment trial ends as we all knew it would — Trump acquitted again.”
Paula White makes sure her followers know which Republicans voted to convict: