The Way of Improvement Leads Home will be in Atlanta later this week for the annual meeting of the American Historical Association. We will be covering the conference from a variety of angles.
At the moment, we have eleven correspondents who will be reporting from the conference floor. Stay tuned for their dispatches. It is a very eclectic group.
I also hope to live tweet some sessions Foloow along @johnfea1. Due to other commitments at the conference I will not have time to attend too many sessions, but the following sessions are still in the running:
- American Society of Church History session #19: “The Intellectual Legacy of Mark A. Noll“
- AHA session 161: “Podcasting History“
- AHA session 166: “Rewriting Revolutions–Part One“
- American Society of Church History session 23: Panel on Grant Wacker’s biography of Billy Graham
- American Society of Church History session 34: “Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation“
- American Society of Church History: Margaret Bendroth President Address: “History, Time, and Tradition in the Fundamentalist Imagination“
- AHA session 224: “Media Training Workshop for Historians“
- AHA session 253: “Historians in the Public Sphere“
- AHA session 263: “Historical Thinking in Teacher Preparation“
You can also expect random photos and commentary as the weekend unfolds. (If you take a pic that you think we would find interesting feel free to send it along and we will try to post it).
Just remember to keep us bookmarked throughout the conference.