I am looking forward to returning to the West Shore Evangelical Free Church “Lifebuilders” Sunday School class this month for a four week series entitled “Evangelicalism in America: 1960 to Present.” The course will meet in Room A143 at 9:00am on October 5, 12, 26, and November 2.
I am still working on the final schedule, but I have narrowed the four week series down to five topics. (One of these will be eliminated or else folded into one of the other topics):
- Religion and Politics in American Evangelicalism, 1960-Present
- The Battle for the Bible in American Evangelicalism, 1960-Present
- Evangelical Youth Culture, 1960-Present
- The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind
- What is the Difference Between an Evangelical and a Fundamentalist?
Feel free to stop by for one or more of these lectures/discussions. The Lifebuilders class begins with a time of coffee and fellowship, followed by prayer requests and one or two songs. Most of the 90 minute class will be devoted to lecture and discussion.
Does the class have a syllabus? Would love to hear what texts you might be working from.