|The National Archives is Closed|
David Austin Walsh at History News Network has provided an informative list of what is closed and what is open. Here is a small taste:
- 1000s of federal historians are out of work
- All National Archives facilities are closed
- Library Congress and its websites are closed
- National Parks are closed
- All Smithsonian museums are closed
- The National Endowment for the Humanities is closed and will not be processing grant applications
- Arlington National Cemetary is open
- Mount Vernon is open because it is a privately owned National Historic Landmark
I should also add that two of my colleagues in the Messiah College History Department had to postpone a history field trip to D.C. because all the museums they hoped to visit were closed, including the National Museum of American History.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.