Over at ProfHacker, Adeline Koh of Richard Stockton College has started a conversation about how the digital humanities can be done outside the research university. This is something that we wrestle with on a daily basis at Messiah College under the leadership of our Dean of Humanities, Peter Powers.
In the History Department, starting in Spring 2014, we will be offering a course on “Digital History.” The course is part of our new and improved Public History concentration, but it will be open to the entire student population. I know other things are in the works as well, including a collaborative project with nearby Harrisburg University.
Koh gets the conversation started with a few important questions:
- What is the state of the digital humanities outside of the research university?
- How do you “do” the digital humanities with limited resources?
- Have you brought digital humanities methods into your teaching and service activities?
- Do you work together with other institutions to pool resources?
- What suggestions can you offer to those wanting to enter the field who work in small liberal arts colleges, master’s level institutions and community colleges?
Chock King says
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Da Shuai Guo says
lebron james shoes
oakland raiders jerseys
michael kors outlet
cheap nba jerseys
ugg boots, http://www.uggboot.com.co
michael kors handbags
canada goose outlet
salomon running shoes
ray-ban sunglasses, http://www.raybansunglass.com.au/
kansas city chiefs jerseys
adidas outlet store, http://www.adidasoutletstore.us.com/
ray-ban sunglasses, http://www.rayban-sunglassess.us.com/
christian louboutin outlet
nike outlet store
jordan shoes, http://www.jordanshoes.us.com/
jordan shoes, http://www.jordan-shoes.us.com
roshe run men
michael kors outlet store, http://www.michaelkorsoutlet-store.us.com
tiffany and co jewelry
true religion jeans, http://www.truereligionjeanscanada.com
north face jackets
michael kors outlet, http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinstore.us.com
philadelphia eagles jerseys