Writing at Inside Higher Ed, Carmen Werder and Karen Hoelscher, both professors at Western Washington University, offer some tips on finding the best place to publish:
1. Consider submission and turnaround timelines.
2. Start with receptive audiences. Who has published your work in the past? Does the organization where you last presented a conference paper have a journal?
3. Consider publications you cite.
4. Check the ‘future topics’ lists of potential journals. Is a journal planning a special issue on a topic that fits with your research?
5. Use your writing momentum to submit in multiple places.
6. On occasion, publish where you can.
7. Consider alternative publication venues and reader access.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.