Need help finishing that dissertation, article, or book? I found this helpful piece from 2006 by Liena Vayzman on the American Historical Association website. Vayzman offers eight suggestions to get you writing:
1. Set up a writing schedule.
2. Create a dedicated workspace.
3. Write daily in a dissertation journal.
4. Distill your argument into a single sentence.
5. Visualize your ideas.
6. Fuel your mind with exercise, nutrition, hydration, and sleep.
7. Cultivate community.
Some of these points are obvious, but it is always good to remember such things.